Τρίτη 13 Οκτωβρίου 2009

ΟΤΑΝ Ο PASOLINI ΣΥΝΑΝΤΑ ΤΗΝ DIAMANDA GALAS.


From: musictales1
Supplica a mia madre/Prayer to my mother
(Pier Paolo Pasolini)

It’s so hard to say in a son’s words
what I’m so little like in my heart.
Only you in all the world know what my
heart always held, before any other love.
So, I must tell you something terrible to know:
From within your kindness my anguish grew.
You’re irreplaceable. And because you are,
the life you gave me is condemned to loneliness.
And I don’t want to be alone. I have an infinite
hunger for love, love of bodies without souls.
For the soul is inside you, it is you, but
you’re my mother and your love’s my slavery:
My childhood I lived a slave to this lofty
incurable sense of an immense obligation.
It was the only way to feel life,
the unique form, sole color; now, it’s over.
We survive, in the confusion
of a life reborn outside reason.
I pray you, oh, I pray: Do not hope to die.
I’m here, alone, with you, in a future April…
- Translation from italian by Norman MacAfee with Luciano Martinengo

3 σχόλια:

Ανώνυμος είπε...

Θα παμε; :)

Βρομιστεράκι είπε...

Θα σε δω στο Παλλάς λοιπόν;
Εβγαλά ήδη εισητήριο κέντρο! :))))

Tales from the other side of town είπε...

can't wait for her litanies!
:-)