Τρίτη 20 Απριλίου 2010

JUWELIA SORAYA.

“If I had come to the world as a woman, I would be dressing
as a man. I play with the genders.”
--Juwelia Soraya

Selbstporträt
Juwelia Soraya

Selbstporträt: Juwelia mit Pudel
Juwelia Soraya
“I don't orientate myself in regards to other transvestites. My art has nothing to do with this. If I had come to the world as a woman, I would be dressing as a man. I play with the genders and for me it’s exciting to be another sex. I consider the week-end [cabaret] shows as art. I don't need drugs, I am my own drug. The world of homosexuals and transvestites sometimes is a little too stressful for me...too artificial, unpleasant, inflamed and excessive. I prefer to be more lounging, calm, and in a relaxed mood. Also, I don't take sexuality that seriously. I have been married for 20 years. What does this mean? I am who I am, I don't think about it.”
“In my youth, I have always been impressed by Andy Warhol and Quentin Crisp. And in my childhood, I always visited the Kassler Kunstaustellung in Wilhelmshöhe on Sundays. I was fascinated by Rembrandt. What I found really great was the darkness in his old paintings. Even if I avoid darkness in my paintings, they are still dark. Even if they have no shadows at all, in my eyes they have a lot. Recently someone told me that my paintings seem to be coming out of a Fellini movie.”

5 σχόλια:

stassa είπε...

Κάτι σε Klimt μου έφερε, ιδίως το δεύτερο. Όχι; Όχι ε;

Τον Grayson Perry τον ξέρεις;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/3298707.stm

Και στη βικιπήδια:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grayson_Perry

Tales from the other side of town είπε...

Στάσσα, νομίζω ότι είχα κάνει παλιότερα ποστ για τον Grayson Perry, νομίζω και ο έρβα επίσης αν δε με απατά η μνήμη μου.

stassa είπε...

A OK. Ε, γριά γυναίκα είμαι, ξεχνάω...

stassa είπε...

Δεν μου λες παιδάκι μου, τον Grayson Perry τον ξέρεις;

Tales from the other side of town είπε...

Αν μιλάμε για τον ίδιον, ναί.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV76u4jxMrk